[Tuxedo Park, N.Y. November 15, 1915 – January 27, 1917].
Manuscript menus in a lined notebook (21 x 17 cm.),  pages. Menus, one per page, throughout in a neat hand. A chef’s collection of daily menus for meals at the Tuxedo Club, the private clubhouse and dining room for the community of the Tuxedo Park Association (now the village of Tuxedo Park). The Club, like many of the original buildings for the Association was built by the influential architect Bruce Price (father of Emily Post), and it was in the original Tuxedo Club (1886-1927), that the meals described in this manuscript took place. The Great War seems not to have hindered filling the larder and pantries of the Club, as the menus describe quite lavish meals for as many one hundred fifty covers. The offerings included Romanoff or Ostrakhan caviar, Cape Cod or Smith Island Oysters, roasts and grilled meats, and more, often presented in five to seven courses. Some of the meals indicate special guests, and names include C. Vanderbilt, Mrs. Alexander, Ms. Goellel, Mrs. Burben, Mr. M.G. Perry, and M. Briffeh. A few blanks at rear contain later child’s scribbles; some age toning and light staining to pages. Evidently lacking original wrapper. But sound, and otherwise whole. Good.